Thursday, December 20, 2007

SO! OVER! THE SNOW!

I mean that I really hate driving in the snow. That roadtrip I took a few weeks ago was enough to freak me out for years. I would have cried like a baby if I didn't feel I had a rep to protect. And today, I drove to Logan to go to my Janalyn's wedding. She was my mission companion for about half of my mission. We're besties. On my way to Logan, I thought, "This is NOT the day for me to wear make-up!" Because I NEVER wear make-up, okay? I have a lot of love for Jan and I knew I would cry elephant tears of joy during her wedding. (I didn't, but they welled up. I sucked them back into my tear ducts. I'm magic.)

Anyway, so I went to Logan for her wedding, and the drive there was good. It took an hour. There was no weather to speak of. And I thought, "Maybe it won't snow." But at 4:00, a lot of snow started falling from the sky, so I headed back home because I didn't want to get caught in the canyon, and I didn't want to have to stay the night there. The canyon was awful. The entire drive was awful. I was white-knuckling it the whole way. I couldn't see anything on either side of me, which is a really weird feeling and starts to play tricks on the eyes. It took me 2-1/2 hours to get home. When I walked into my house, I was shaking uncontrollably. I wanted anyone to be in my house so I could curl up next to them and go to sleep. Instead, I filled my tub with hot water and lavender, grabbed a bowl of chips, a nearly-full bottle of apple cider, my ipod, and a bath pillow, lit a candle, and sat in the tub for over an hour. It was nice. I feel better. But I still hate driving in the snow right now.

I listened to Supreme Beings of Leisure while in the tub. I find them soothing to listen to sometimes. Keeping in mind that I'm a rock chick, tell me who else you like to listen to when you need to relax.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 23:54, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

Do you know the trick about turning off your car headlights? Only leaving the parking lights on? It really helps you see because you've cut out the reflection of your headlights on the snow.

 
At 05:55, Blogger kiki said...

Seeing wasn't the issue. Traction was.

 
At 13:54, Blogger Rachel said...

Snow is THE SUCK! Now you know why I hate it. :)

 
At 16:13, Blogger kiki said...

Thanks for your empathy. Also, thanks for helping me out with that last thing. Seriously!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home