Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Domestic

Today when I got home from work, I stayed very busy doing stuff that I hate to do: I cleaned my house, washed AND FOLDED my laundry, and those are the things I hate to do. I also made these:


Homemade peppermint oreos! I was at Triple's house a few nights ago, and she had me help her make some for her work Christmas party. They were so yummy that I mentioned them at work the following day, which got me roped into making some just for kicks. I am not going to lie; these are pure, delicious evil!

Most of you know what my job is, so I'm not going to say what it is on here. But I was talking to "a client" today. I may have fallen in love with him. We had a 20-minute conversation that had nothing to do with the business at hand. He's a physicist. I told him I was a physics T.A. at my last school. He talked about his fascination with physics. I told him about the day when I fell in love with physics. He told me that most people learn by repetition but that I was a thinker, which, he said, really impressed him. We also talked about my language and linguistics background, and he noted my excitement when I talked about what I loved about it. I've been thinking about going to work tomorrow, checking my logs, and retrieving his number...just in case. Also, I need to check and see how old he is.

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 13:56, Blogger Rachel said...

Those cookies are tastah. I've never made them with mint before, but I can get people to do pretty much anything if I promise them those cookies. They're whore cookies.

 
At 23:10, Anonymous compulsive writer said...

Those look really, really yummy. And seeing as how I have been stuffed to the gills today to the point I never want to see food again, that's saying something.

Merry Christmas!

(Oh, and I love your avatar photo!)

 
At 11:10, Blogger kiki said...

(Thank you!)

 
At 01:02, Blogger c jane said...

Me wanty one. Now.

 
At 11:59, Blogger Matt said...

I saw your comment over at eric snider's blog and thought it was funny. So I came over here and found more funny stuff.

Kudos to you and your cookies.

 
At 08:48, Blogger sue-donym said...

This is a cyber hug to make up for that LAME knuckle thing on Saturday.

(I dont know your email, or I would have sent it that way.)

Seriously, no entry's since December? Seriously?

 
At 10:56, Blogger kiki said...

Lucky for you, I thought the knuckle thing was funny, so no worries! It was a joy and a pleasure to chitchat with you and everyone else Saturday.

 
At 14:43, Blogger "said" Woman said...

Miss your posts KIKI! Come back.....

 
At 13:42, Blogger crackgre said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 19:28, Blogger i i eee said...

O why have you forsaken thee?

I started blogging all because of you, Kiki! Don't give up on the love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home