Friday, May 11, 2007

FULL. BLOWN. RELAPSE.

It was only a matter of time before I finally posted about MY EXCITEMENT! over the newest TORI AMOS! album, American Doll Posse, and her FORTHCOMING TOUR! I'm doing this now, over a week after the release of the record and well later of song leakage on the internets, because my absolute favorite ever of her guest performances on a TV show was yesterday on Graham Norton's show in the UK. She's playing one of her new songs, Bouncing Off Clouds, a fun, happy, dancey song, and the camera work here is manic as if it's a music video. Maybe that's why I like it so much. (Notice the shoes!)



As some of you know, when it is "Tori Season", I listen almost exclusively to her music mostly because I want to drive everyone, including my mom, crazy. (Whatever. My mom has not attended 3 of her shows because she hates her. She's a closet Toriphile.) I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE American Doll Posse! I wasn't very excited upon first hearing the title of the songs and some of the leaked portions, but after having a week to listen to the record and marinade in it's juices, I adore it.

I can't wait to find out where she'll be going on her U.S. legs of the tour because I want to plan where I'm going to go to watch her, and I have to hit several shows on the tour. This is why: she's taking on 5 different characters, and she will start off each show as one of the Posse. I want to see each one.

For those of you who are not wild about Tori but who like a little somethin'-somethin' now and then, here are my absolute favorite songs (mostly in a preferred order), which I highly recommend:

1. Body and Soul
2. Bouncing Off Clouds
3. Beauty of Speed
4. Code Red
5. Dark Side of the Sun
6. Almost Rosey
7. Girl Disappearing
8. Big Wheel
9. Dragon
6. Roosterspur Bridge
10. Smokey Joe
11. Teenage Hustling

I know you're also thinking that I just listed the whole album, but there are 23 tracks on it. I love it a lot.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 21:29, Blogger Rachel said...

I had my first poutine ever last night. I don't see what all the fuss is about...?

I also had a Queue du Castor today with Nutella and bananas. It was all right but it would have been better if they hadn't been so stingy with the Nutella and if they would have thrown a bit of cinnamon and sugar on the bread part.

I guess Quebecois food doesn't get my motor running...

 
At 23:33, Blogger Kiki said...

That's why you should have gotten the avalanche LIKE I TOLD YOU! But no one listens to me!

La Chantal wasn't a fan of the poutine either. It's really just one of those things that's great when you crave it. Normally, you're just all, "OMG! I'm eating a bowl full of heart attack!"

 
At 00:13, Blogger metamorphose said...

Kiki. You make me so freaking happy. Not just the Tori post, but the, "OMG! I'm eating a bowl full of heart attack!" comment.

Whether or not Tori comes to Utah, you must come here so we can drive around in the car and listen to some possE. Ya know what I'm sayin'?

 
At 11:52, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

A bowl full of heart attack: that's how I felt eating one of those KFC chicken bowls.

How would you compare this album to Scarlet's Walk and Beekeeper?

 
At 13:15, Blogger Kiki said...

Scarlet's Walk is very near and dear to me because that is the album that turned me into the Tori freak I am today. I LOVE Scarlet's Walk. ADP is a completely different album because it is Tori's rock album. There's a lot to rock out and groove to and has a lot of electric guitar where Scarlet's Walk doesn't have any of that. (Do you want mellow Tori or rocker Tori?) The Beekeeper only has 5 songs that are still in my iTunes library, and I think those 5 are excellent songs. I kicked the other 14 out for being too cheesy. It wasn't that great of an album.

 
At 17:26, Blogger "said" Woman said...

If you ever want to take a trip up to NYC to check out a concert...Let's. Any Tori fan is alright by me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home