Sunday, April 22, 2007

Blocking what could have been the most uncomfortable moment of the decade

These moments seem to always come courtesy of g-ma. This exchange occurred as she was reading the paper.

G-ma: Maybe I'm just stupid about things like this, but could you explain to me how someone has phone sex?
Me: (thinking to myself) Pass.


I shrugged my shoulders and left the room. I feel like I should send her a memo, and the memo would say something like this: "Any talk regarding sex shall be strictly kept to oneself when the conversation involves you and me."

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 17:48, Blogger Rachel said...

Haha! This reminds me of my brother-in-law who thought that oral sex was just when you talked dirty to each other.

My poor sister.

 
At 18:32, Blogger metamorphose said...

Oh dear.

 
At 19:15, Blogger merebuff said...

I feel uncomfortable for you. But I am also racked with the giggles

 
At 23:45, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

HHAhahahaha.

 
At 09:42, Blogger Kiki said...

It's hilarious. I love telling people about it because it's so funny. Seriously, though, I would be mortified to enter into such a conversation with g-ma.

 
At 10:26, Blogger sarah k. said...

I laughed so hard at this, because it's funny in an "I really don't want to think about it" sort of way, but also because of an experience that I can't even talk about until the grandparent in question sheds the mortal coil. That progenitor would undoubtedly be more embarrassed than I. To hint around, I learned things that day that my poor, sheltered, Mormon mind had not conceived of.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home