Sunday, February 25, 2007

NEW ORLEANS MARDI GRAS 2007!!!

Holy War

Isn't he the cutest devil you ever did see?


Now that the mood is set, I give you "Going to Hell list - 2007".

The 2007 Sinners Sign

Mormons are on it again, as well as adulteresses. Man-whores, you're okay this year.


People wearing underwear with chaps when they shouldn't be are not on that list.

Despite that abomination, there was a lot of adorable to be seen at Mardi Gras.

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

Exhibit D:

Exhibit E:

I almost didn't go to Mardi Gras this year because I was in a bad mood, but then I woke up on Saturday last weekend wondering what in the heck I was still doing in Monroe. So I took a shower, threw some clothes, my camera, and necessary power cords in a bag, hopped into my car, and sped down there. I'm so glad I went, too, because I had a really good time. I saw old friends, met new ones, kissed a random stranger in the street, and critiqued Mardi Gras outfits. I also ate lots of good food and beignets. Mmm...beignets...

P.S. Harry Connick, Jr. and Drew Brees are really hot in person.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 19:01, Blogger ~j. said...

I like how some on the list are singular: abortionist. You know. Just the one.

 
At 20:07, Blogger Kiki said...

OH YEAH! I was going to say something about that. Oh well.

 
At 02:13, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

I hope we get a Going to Hell picture every year. I like to see who made the list and who dropped off the list. It's like Blackwell, only with sulphur and brimstone.

I was going to make the same point about the adulterers.

How quickly do you think you could mail me a fresh beignet?

 
At 08:09, Blogger Kiki said...

I could mail you a box of Café du Monde's beignet mix because they should always be eaten hot.

 
At 12:32, Blogger wendysue said...

MMMM. Beignets.

MMMMMM. Harry Connick, Jr.

We dig him so much if we ever have a boy, Connick is seriously on our list of names.

 
At 14:58, Blogger Kiki said...

I was just showing the Go to Hell sign to a classmate, and she noticed that the first one says DEMONcrats instead of DEMOcrats. HA!

 
At 22:27, Anonymous Audrey said...

I have always wanted to kiss a random stranger in the street. Rock on, Kiki!

 
At 23:06, Blogger sue-donym said...

I heart Harry Conick Jr.

I miss the old New Orleans. Have the garbage men come back to work yet?

 
At 23:21, Blogger Kiki said...

Yes and no. This year, there were actual city clean-up crews cleaning after the parades, where last year there were volunteer groups doing the job. However, the city (not the French Quarter) still looks like Katrina just came through yesterday. It was shocking to me that there still aren't functioning traffic lights at some large intersections. That seems like an easy fix, right? Also, there's trash everywhere. I'm not talking about Katrina waste; I mean, litter EVERYWHERE. It's pitiful. And the street cars still aren't going on St. Charles. AND THE CAMELLIA GRILLE IS STILL CLOSED HELLO AND FOR SALE FOR $3 MILLION! I miss it, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home