Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Pop Culture Thing

I know each category wants a FAVORITE, implying a singular thing, but I just can't name one in most cases. Please forgive me.

FAVORITE SONG INTRO: Um...I don't know. I can't think of one song intro right now. The only thing that comes to mind is that part on About a Boy when Marcus is walking up to Will's door in slo-mo, and U2s "Zoo Station" is playing. An intro, that's not.

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE:"Who's on top and who's on bottom now, huh?! WHO'S ON TOP AND WHO'S ON BOTTOM NOW?!"

FAVORITE '80'S SONG: There are so many, but these are the ones that immediately jump out at me: "Africa" by Toto, "Take on Me" by A-ha, "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler, "Reflex" by Duran Duran, "Head Over Heels" by the Go-Gos, "With or Without You" by U2

FAVORITE MUSICAL CHARACTER: I'm not a huge fan of musicals. I like some of them. I appreciate them. So my favorite musical character is probably Mary Poppins, but that was threatened a few years ago when I was watching the Tonys, and Idina Menzel was on the stage as Elphaba singing "Defying Gravity" from Wicked. I thought it was AMAZING! But thinking about it now, I can't say that Elphaba is my favorite because of that song, rather that song is my favorite song in any musical ever written.

FAVORITE HAIR BAND: Probably Bon Jovi because I don't think Def Leppard counts as a hair band even though they were huge in the hair band era. I'm not even sure Bon Jovi counts as a hair band just because they had a phase. Maybe Poison, then?

FAVORITE REALITY SERIES: Well, reality television is another one of those things that I'm totally over now. I just can't stand any more of it (AND these game shows, by the way!). I totally dug "The Apprentice" when it was on, but I think my favorite series is going to have to be "The Real World". I will still watch that one. It was the pioneer. However, I'm sick of them always having the one alcoholic who's out of control drinking prompts them to see a counselor and change their life. Just stop drinking, kids.

WORST CELEBRITY NICKNAME EVER: Most rappers' names, e.g., Ludicris, Fabolus (an especially stoopid name, while we're misspelling words), Ja Rule, TuPac, Biggie Smalls, The Notorious B.I.G., ODB, etc.

FAVORITE TV SHOW THEME SONG: The latest incarnation of the theme song from "Veronica Mars", "We Used to be Friends", by the Dandy Warhols. I also love the "Weeds" theme song, "Little Boxes", being sung by different people this season. And I love The Who, so I'm a definite fan of the "CSI" theme songs.

SHOWS ON YOUR DVR QUEUE: I've spent the last few days doing some hardcore catching up on my TiVo, so now I just have "The Daily Show", "The Colbert Report", and "Chappelle's Show" on there. I was loaded with "Six Feet Under", "Heroes", "Friday Night Lights", and "30 Rock", but I took care of those.

IF YOU NEED SOMETHING TO BLOG ABOUT: Consider yourself tagged.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 12:08, Blogger Azúcar said...

You should be proud: I DVR'd a Friday Night Lights last night. Haven't watched it yet, but I will.

 
At 12:15, Blogger Kiki said...

All I ask is that you watch the episodes that come before that one first so that you know just what a sweet, tender, and nice boy Matt Saracen is. At the very least, you just need to know that Matt Saracen is the boy that every parent wishes their daughter was dating. And that Jason Street was touted as the best high school quaterback in the country before he broke his neck in the first episode.

 
At 10:20, Anonymous Oystein Rognerud said...

Carrie!

My mom’s way better and will be fine, eventually. Thanks.

Not much new here.
Finishing up my fourth year of medical school this Spring. Getting my license next Spring, so watch out…

The Daily Show is awesome, by the way:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home