Thursday, April 20, 2006

Moving on.

For about three years, I listened to Tori Amos almost exclusively. I love Her music. I love Her. Every time anyone took the earbud out of my ear or took a ride in my car, She would be singing. Every once-in-a-while, I put someone else on to please the other people I associated with. It didn't make me happy because I really wanted to be listening to Tori. Former love affairs I'd had with bands were forgotten and left behind. She got all of my attention. Well, I've finally broken the addiction. Of course, I still love her and she is still my number one, but I have come to a point where I listen to other people. I even have love affairs with them. So let me tell you what else I'm playing right now.

Rilo Kiley - "Execution of All Things"
Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins - "Rabbit Fur Coat"
Stars - "Set Yourself on Fire"
The Cardigans - "Super Extra Gravity"
Fiona Apple - "When the Pawn" and "Extraordinary Machine"
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - "Show Your Bones"
KT Tunstall - "Eye to the Telescope"
Charlotte Martin - "On Your Shore" and "Veins"
Wilco - "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"

Further proof that I have broken my Tori addiction: Last night I changed the sacred ringtone on my phone from Her "Professional Widow" to Rilo Kiley's "Portion for Foxes".

I CANNOT stress this enough. These changes and new loves DO NOT mean that Tori isn't still my number one. SHE IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE SO. And She's also the hottest. So there you go.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At 23:03, Blogger metamorphose said...

Ah yes. I've always said that for years. Tori's my number one. But there's always room in my heart for other loves.

Welcome to the fold, and I congratulate you on your reaching out.

(I have to say, I'm impressed about the changing your ringtone. Wow!)

 
At 23:26, Blogger Kiki said...

Changing the ringtone was a difficult decision. Seriously.

 
At 11:43, Blogger metamorphose said...

Yeah...I'm not all the time Tori like I once was at a certain time in my life. But I still have my Tori ringtone (sorta fairytale...I like the Pro Widow one better, but I felt it was a little too suggestive when it went off at work! ha ha.)

So I know it must have been a difficult decision for sure!

 
At 21:56, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

When people ask me my favorite musicians I hardly ever list Tori, even though I have loved, loved her since Little Earthquakes. It's almost as if our relationship is too personal, too intense, to mention in passing conversation.

That said, I just changed my ringtone as well. My everyday tone has been Ball and Chain (Social D) with Death Cab for my sisters, Fall Out Boy for my brother, Supersition for one friend and All These Things I've Done for another. However, today I changed my ringtone too...a phone ring. I think I need to clear the palate for a little while.

I'm listening:
Death Cab (always)
Imogen Heap (new)
Josh Radin (new)

 
At 22:53, Blogger Kiki said...

Tonight at the Ben Folds concert (more on that later), he played all of the ringtones he bought for his phone this afternoon. I mean, he had someone go get his cellphone, and he played them into the microphone. There was "Final Countdown", that annoying boot in the ass country song because he thinks that song is stupidly hilarious, and some "Coming out of the Closet" song. I don't know. There were others, too. It was a hilarious moment.

 
At 11:33, Blogger metamorphose said...

Oh I LOVE Ben Folds live! Such a treat.

 
At 12:00, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

I'm sorry, you went to a Ben Folds concert without me? We can't be friends anymore. Why didn't you fly me out to attend with you, huh?? WHY??

*huff*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home