Sunday, January 29, 2006

I had a very good weekend in Dallas. I played bodyguard for my friends as they went shopping. The places they were shopping, you'd think they were celebrities, hence the need for a bodyguard. I'm a little disappointed, though, because it's been a dream of mine to shove the camera of a paparazzo into his face, but D and J.T. haven't made a sex tape yet, so... I'll tell them to get on that. I don't shop, by the way. D, we'll call her that because that's her new breast size (36D, so what, D so what? Is that all that you got?), lives in Minnesota with her husband J.T. and their three beautiful children. I don't get to see D and J.T. ever, so when D told me that they were going to be in Dallas, OF COURSE, I went. It rained a lot, and the bottom half of my jeans were soaked.

After D and J.T. flew celebrity class back to Minnesota, I reconnected with a friend I hadn't seen in almost 5 years. I forgot how much fun we used to have. Anyway, we watched Reno 911 in my hotel room, laughed for hours, and then had a long-overdue, and very good discussion about the peaks and valleys of our friendship. Now that all of our feelings are out on the table, we can start fresh, and that makes me so happy because this is one of my most cherished friendships.

The hotel I stayed at last night was one of the most confusing ever because there were no signs telling me where anything was. And you know how elevators for most hotels are really close to the check-in desk? These were all the way down a hall, turn left and then right somewhere down there. It was seriously a maze, and I had no idea where I was. Anyway, this morning while leaving, I was on the elevator for what seemed like 5 minutes, and thinking that that was plenty of time to descend the 6 floors, I got out and headed down a hallway. It took a few minutes before I realized that I was only on the 3rd floor. The great thing about this was that had I not had this detour, I would have never paid any mind to the sign indicating emergency exits and stuff.







Strobe lights? "Whoop Whoop"? That's not an emergency alarm! That's a disco!

4 Comments:

At 13:31, Blogger metamorphose said...

Oh the Beautiful South, how I love thee!

 
At 23:27, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

Well, isn't the roof on fire?

 
At 07:00, Blogger Kiki said...

Excellent point!

 
At 14:03, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

p.s. you logged off before I could say that it WAS funny and I did watch it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home