Monday, January 16, 2006

I don't know if any of you watch 24, but if you do, you will know why I'm in mourning today. Two of my favorite characters on any TV show ever were killed last night, and another's death or life is pending. Despite all that, THAT WAS THE MOST AMAZING SHOW EVER last night!! Jaw-dropping was aplenty. And Jean Smart (from Designing Women and Bringing Down the House) is playing the First Lady, and is she ever cuckoo! The first time we meet her, after learning from the President that she is not balanced, she is having her hair and make-up done by her assistant. She looks in the mirror very apathetically, says, "I look like a wedding cake," and dunks her face into the sink of water in front of her. She stands up, still very stoic, and says, "Do it again." I laughed to tears. It was so funny. "I look like a wedding cake" is now my new phrase that is synonymous with "crazy". For example:
-Look at that girl over there having a big ole conversation with the dandelions.
-Dude, that girl looks like a wedding cake!

or

-Your homework tonight is a 10-page essay on what bluejeans mean to you. AND questions 1-73 in your chemistry book.
-Dr Finchley looks like a wedding cake! He's the only one who has a 10-page love for those painted-on bluejeans he wears everyday!

If you do watch 24, you are required to post your comments on last night's shocker. Let's all get through this together.

2 Comments:

At 09:55, Blogger metamorphose said...

Don't watch 24, but I did finally see the finale of Nip/Tuck! It was Quentin! I knew it!

 
At 16:54, Blogger April said...

I've only seen a few episodes from the first season, but Kiefer Sutherland.... Mmm... Want some of that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home