Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Confessions from a dance floor. The new Madonna disc is out today...er...yesterday, and IT. IS. AWESOME! The entire album has a great upbeat tempo that makes ME wanna get out on the dance floor. Besides the beat, my favorite thing about it is that the music never stops from one track to the next. All of the songs flow into each other, like being in a club. GO GET IT NOW!

Now...for the lyrics... Madonna is as profound as a celebrity-created relig...spirituality. My minions went a searchin' Madge's trash and came back with this paper that was apparently the first place she wrote the lyrics to track 5, "I love New York". Actually, I do not claim that it came from her trash or that she wrote it, but I do assert that those are the lyrics to that song. The minions just went dumpster diving chez-elle and came back with this: (Click to enlarge and read)

Yeah, I amuse myself.

9 Comments:

At 09:15, Blogger metamorphose said...

YES! I so want her shoes, that she's wearing in all the pictures for the CD.

I'm so proud of the dumpter dived lyrics.

 
At 09:43, Blogger Rachel said...

Non-stop music, you say? I'm intrigued...

 
At 12:56, Blogger April said...

Hilarious! Why couldn't I have had that kind of song-writing skills? :)

 
At 17:14, Blogger metamorphose said...

"I feel like a dork"

I've never been so moved.

I'm listening to Madonna right now! At work! Yeah!

 
At 22:06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought the new Madonna album was genius; but why was it released as Aerial under the name Kate Bush?

 
At 00:56, Blogger AzĂșcar said...

I lurrve Madonna. I'd put Ray of Light on the top 10 albums of the 90s, easily. I'm glad you like the new one because I can't wait to get it! Or, rather, I can wait to get it since I don't have any money.

 
At 08:47, Blogger Kiki said...

Well, you know, fur or Madonna...you gotta have priorities.

And regarding Kate Bush's Aerial: I have not forgotten that comment. I will write more later in the week when I am not so crazy busy.

 
At 17:58, Blogger metamorphose said...

I'm interesting to hear on how you feel about Aerial...I'm not a huge Kate fan, at all. Perhaps I need to try harder. I love some of her songs, but I haven't been inspired to purchase Aerial at all.

 
At 13:27, Blogger JB said...

I've always liked her lyrics better than her voice. Not that her voice is bad, but I think it's more what she has to say that's made her famous (or possibly how she's said it).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home