Wednesday, October 05, 2005

burichan said...
Yahtzee. That's what you need to do during your 8am Thursday class. Assign a number to each filler word--Ok is 1, um/uh is 2, etc. Then fill out your score card. If he says any one 5 times in a row, then that's a yahtzee. If you get two ahs followed by three oks, that's a full house.


Yesterday, I called my friend, Burichan, to vent. Earlier in the morning, I had gone to my Tuesday morning classes, the first of which I was trying to decide whether or not I hated it. Yesterday, my decision was finalized. I'm talking about the class with the professor who needs validation 400+ times per lecture. Okay? Alright? Yeah...him. He's just boring, and I can learn the stuff better on my own. But I have to go to class because ULM has THE STRICTEST attendence policy in the world, so I do other things during the obnoxiously long class. Sometimes I get bored with that, and I try to listen to his lecture. But all I hear is "Okay? Alright? Alright? Um...yeah...okay?", and it really grates on my nerves. REALLY. BADLY. In fact, I think I have little nervous breakdowns in there when I do listen to him. My heart starts racing and my head gets hot. Anyway, I was telling Burichan about it seeking advice on what I should do. I mean, I don't want the world to know who I am because Greta Van Susteren cannot let go of the news story where I was the last person seen with this professor and no one knows where he is and she's not going to leave Monroe until he is found.

Dear Greta,

No one needs that much of one story. You are the reason so many folks go into depression and PTSD.

Love,
Carrie


We hadn't come up with a solution when I had to end our conversation because someone I saw in Target (where I was while holding this conversation) was standing there waiting to talk to me WHILE I WAS ON THE PHONE WITH SOMEONE ELSE. I kept looking at her with the "Look, sweetheart! I will see YOU later." look. But no! She just stood there.

I love this Yahtzee idea, but I'm afraid I would be the only one playing. I don't think I could convince some of the people I sit around to play with me. I also chuckle at the idea of yelling, "YAHTZEE!" In the middle of class. I wouldn't ever do that, but boy, how I laugh inside.

Tuesday, I'm going to ask the professor who teaches the class I take after the one I hate if she is going to be teaching that course in the Spring. If she is, then I might drop this one and take it then. I don't know. I'll have to run it by my dad, I think, or my advisor. I don't know. I have to take the MCAT in April. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! But I'm on vacation today, so I'm not going to get worked up about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home