Thursday, September 29, 2005

UPDATE: So, Mili and I are getting along very well. We've gone out together the last two mornings (this being one of them). I've learned that shifting really is a good thing to know. I know she sat in her room all night that first night laughing to herself, wishing she could ring a friend to tell them how I had ridden her all the way home in the HIGHEST (read: HARDEST) GEAR that first day on a bike since my pre-teens! She laughed so hard, I know it! Anyway, this morning before I hopped on, I was not aware that my bum hurt. As soon as my butt hit the saddle, I jumped right back up. This girl needs some bike shorts...you know, the ones with the padding. I suffered through it this morning. Also, I think I might know what genital mutilation must feel like. When I got off the bike yesterday morning, and for a slight moment afterward today, there were pins and needles and sharp rocks stabbing and cutting away at um...(I don't think I can say clitoris in front of my mom. How old am I? How much older will I be this Sunday? I am so mature.)

16 Comments:

At 08:48, Blogger Rachel said...

Happy birthday, Carrie!!!

 
At 12:00, Blogger metamorphose said...

I'm so impressed. Keep it up, and soon you'll just get a crotch of steel -screw bike shorts!

I haven't been on a real bike since I was twelve, but I would go to those darn spinning classes, leaving my pootananny screeching in agony. But after a few weeks, that crotch of steel set in, and I was ready to go!

By the way, I'm so glad that hoo-hah talk has been making the rounds lately...I blame it all on redlaw. Ha ha!

Congrats!

 
At 14:29, Blogger redlaw said...

Hey, what can I say?

We ladies love to talk about our hoo-hahs...

I biked for a brief time during my mission and yeah, my hoo-hah was indestructible by the second or third week..ne t'inquietes pas.

 
At 15:06, Blogger Kiki said...

Where did you serve you mission, redlaw?

 
At 16:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoo-hah of steel. Did Wonder Woman have one of those? And if so, why wasn't I aware when I was small enough to fit into my under-roos? It would have been yet another way of fighting evil.
(April)

 
At 16:44, Blogger redlaw said...

I served my mission in France - mostly in Paris-meme but also a Versailles et a Reims aussi.

It's amazing how the franglais flows once I start speaking about the mission...

 
At 17:08, Blogger Kiki said...

Quand est-ce que tu etais la?

 
At 20:51, Blogger Laura said...

Crotch of steel?

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

 
At 22:19, Blogger redlaw said...

J'etais la dd Fevrier 2001 jusqu'a Aout 2002 et encore d'Avril 2003 jusqu'a Juillet 2003. Et je serias la pour Thanksgiving this year...cuz nothing says I'm thankful to be une stupide americaine like going to France.

 
At 22:19, Blogger redlaw said...

dude, my typing sucks...

 
At 08:15, Blogger Kiki said...

I am jalouse. Since you're going over there during Thanksgiving, do you want to bring a girl a box of milk chocolate pyreneens?

 
At 08:23, Blogger redlaw said...

I'd like nothing more - in fact, I am devoting one wholw suitcase to chocolates for all the people who can't come with.

 
At 10:46, Blogger Laura said...

Happy Birthday, Miss Crotch of Steel!

 
At 11:52, Blogger Kiki said...

no, i'm Miss Sensitive Crotch. rachel and redlaw have the crotches of steel.

 
At 21:07, Anonymous Burichan said...

Happy Happy Birthday Carrie dear... I'll be sure to eat lots at PF Changs in your honor.

 
At 22:31, Blogger Kiki said...

YUMMMMMM! Domo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home