Saturday, June 25, 2005


My friends Michael and Tara have a cute 2-year-old boy named Davis, who loves me a lot. The other night when I was at their house, Davis wanted to wear his momma's socks, so I helped him put them on. Then he ran and fetched his "hat" that he and his mates made at preschool. It's nothing more than a piece of construction paper wrapped into a cone shape with some glued-on rubber foam squares. I'm not sure what kind of hat it's supposed to be. He ran back into the living room with the hat on, and I made him pose for a picture. He loves that.


Later on, I was looking at the picture wondering what it reminded me of. Then it came to me: he's "Le fifre" in the Manet painting only Davis is without a fife. Although...he has been running around with a recorder lately.

The parents of Davis told me a story last night that made me feel happy inside. Davis has gotten into the habit of going into their bedroom around 5:00 in the morning. Thursday morning, D went into their room, and Michael pulled him up onto the bed and held him until he fell back asleep. Michael put him on his mat at the end of their bed. At 6:00, Davis woke up crying because he had (I can't believe I'm about to type this) tee-teed, and it had leaked up out of his diaper and onto his stomach. So Michael took him to the bathroom to clean him up. M told me that D would not stop crying. He kept telling D, "It's okay, baby; I'll clean you up." And all D could blubber back in return was, "I want Cawee!" AWWWW!!! I love that little booger!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home