Thursday, May 05, 2005

Every morning, I fight getting out of bed, but as a general rule, I don't fight it for longer than three snoozes...4 soundings of the alarm, and I make myself get up.

Yesterday, I had a chemistry test, and the day and night before, I was studying a lot and teaching it to my classmates. I had chemistry on the brain, y'all. So, yesterday morning when my alarm clock went off, I thought, "Fluorine." I hit the snooze button and went back to sleep. When it sounded a second time, I said, "Chlorine." Again, I hit the snooze button and fell back into sleep for 8 more minutes, possibly dreaming about chemistry boy #1 and him whispering sweet equilibrium equations in my ear, only to be awakened again by the alarm. "Bromine," was my thought before I hit the snooze one last time to dreamily contemplate the meaning of the lyric, "trusting my soul to the ice cream assassin". I still hadn't arrived at a conclusion when the alarm sounded, and I said, "Okay, that's iodine. It's time to get up."

While I was in the shower thinking only about the steps of shower-taking because that's all I'm capable of early in the morning, I was suddenly struck with a rogue thought. "Fluorine, chlorine, bromine, and iodine?! WTF?! C, you are such a nerd!" I guess some mornings I can't count like a normal person. I count in halides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home