Thursday, March 31, 2005

Today was a very pleasant day. I wasn't too thrilled about having to go into the office to work, but I was covering for the office manager, who was going to be out for a luncheon and a doctor appointment. (I'm sorry, we do not yet know if she is going to die.) Her sister was also out of the office today because she had to take her daughter to the state science fair in Baton Rouge. So the two problems in the office were gone. We had an awesome time together. Everyone was happy and cheerful. We helped each other with our jobs...you know, as much as we could. Like, I didn't get in there with Conifer's patients and do root-planing or anything like that. It felt like we were all part of a team, you know; the way work should be. At dinner, even my dad remarked that it was very pleasant at the office today. (HINT! HINT, DAD!)

Conifer, Jam, and I had a great time cleaning up the front desk 'cause Polleranne can't seem to keep things straightened up up there. We threw out so much trash. She is the biggest packrat! The funniest find during the clean-up was that there were about 15 pads of paper in one of the pigeon holes. Well, I found a thing of paper STAPLED TOGETHER in a homemade paperpad. WHAT?! I thought that it was so funny that she took scraps of paper and fashioned them into her own pad when we get free REAL ones all the time. It was the weirdest thing I had seen in a while. Also, if we ever have a food shortage, I'm going to go hide under her desk. She has a mini-mart under there.

The most fun thing about cleaning up the front desk is that Polleranne and DD (pronounced double dee) get so pist off about it because they know where everything is in their mess, which is fine if it's their house, but this is a business, ladies! A business where people are coming in and out all the time, standing up at the front window looking down on all of the junk she has lying around. Polleranne has a trashcan to her immediate left. It seems like it would be impossible to miss it because she only has to extend her arm and drop the trash in it. BUT NO!!! There is trash ALL. AROUND. THE. BASE. OF. THE. CAN. How does she miss?! Conifer threw something away today without even looking, and guess what! SHE MADE IT! Anyway, it would be funny to hear the reaction on Monday morning, but I will be back in school. My dad always says, "You can't get in trouble for doing something that needed to be done," so they will get no sympathy from him.

This afternoon around 4:15, DD called the office, apparently in tears to hear Jam tell it, asking for my dad. When Jam told her he was gone and asked what the matter was, DD barely got out, "I'll just talk to him tomorrow," in her pitiful voice she pulls out for occasions when she needs extra attention. I can't WAIT to hear what that was all about. I went home, and my mom said she called blubbering like a big baby, but DD wouldn't tell her the diagnosis either. What a baby! I just want to thump her on the forehead really hard.

2 Comments:

At 02:23, Anonymous hairless cat said...

Hey nice site! I'm big into sphynx kitten breeder, I get the impression from this post you are too. Do you have any other blogs or sites about sphynx kitten breeder? If so maybe we can exchange links or resources sometime. Let me know if your interested. Take care!

 
At 23:50, Anonymous hairless cat breeder said...

Hey nice site! I'm big into sphynx breeders, I get the impression from this post you are too. Do you have any other blogs or sites about sphynx breeders? If so maybe we can exchange links or resources sometime. Let me know if your interested. Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home