Saturday, March 26, 2005

It's not like I don't TRY to get over my Tori addiction or at least lessen my dependence on her music. BMG, Amazon, Overstock, iTunes, and my bank account know I try. I buy new CDs all the time! Last week, I bought Morrissey's latest, and today I got 4 CDs from BMG in the mail: Radiohead's "Kid A" and "OK Computer", Alicia Keys' "Diary of...", and um...uh...um...greatest hits album of a certain pop princess. I KNOW! I KNOW! I caved in a big, bad way, but I love her songs "Toxic", "I'm a Slave 4 U", "Stronger", "In the Zone", "Crazy", and "Oops! I Did It Again". I couldn't help myself. There they were all together on one album and FREE from BMG because they so owe me some free stuff! I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK ANYWAY! EVERYBODY'S A CLOSET BRITNEY LOVER!

Yeah, I was driving around on this beautiful day, windows rolled down, Britney telling me and the entire world that I'm toxic and that "if [I] really wanna battle, [I] saddle up and get [my] rhythm, tryin' to hit it, [I] could die, in a minute [she's] a take a [me] on. [She's] a take a [me] on." I'm not exactly sure what she's trying to say there. Her lyrics are so deep. I guess she just really likes to dance. I think she's challenging me to a duel. I don't know...the symbolism is so ambiguous.

Anyway, so when I went over to my parents' house, I noticed my package from BMG. I squealed, "YAY!", and my dad, trying to be the funny man he fancies himself being, says, "Wait, wait, wait! Lemme see. Lemme put my hand on the box and try to feel what's inside." He put his hand on the box and hummed. "Tori Amos!" I yelled, "HA HA! WRONG, SUCKAH! Britney Spears!" I thought he would choke on his water. He wasn't expecting that one. He laughed heartily.

So what I keep trying to say is I really, really make honest and valiant efforts to not be a Tori maniac, but I can't help it. At the end of the day, all I want to do is put her in the CD player or pull up my digital library at home and play her music. Is that so wrong?

And just in case you were wondering or haven't heard (because all of these other CDs I've gotten are old news), Radiohead is wonderfully dizzying, Alicia Keys is always fantastic, and Morrissey is still pist off at the world for eating meat and warring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home