Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Last night in microbiology, some girl all but yelled, "I have no tact," when she was commenting on certain principles that the professor was discussing. The professor was teaching about glycolysis, the Krebs cycle, and the Electron Transport Chain, and as an FYI sort of thing he told us that during these cycles, prokaryotes (cells without a nucleus) produce 38 units of ATP (energy) while eukaryotes (cells with a nucleus) only produce 36. He said, "For our purposes, you don't need to know why that is." This is where tactless chimed in, "Dr. F taught us that in 120 (introductory biology)." He was impressed that she, Dr. F, would teach such a thing in 120, but then she's a different kind of biologist than he. He carried on with the lecture, but still stunned, I guess, that she taught this thing, he said, "Wow! I still can't believe she teaches that." And tactless proclaimed, "Yeah, her class was harder than this one."

Holy crap! You don't just say that to the professor in front of everybody like that! Where did this girl learn her manners? She is obviously not from these parts because we know better than that. Our professor laughed it off, but I know he went home and sucked his thumb. I guess I ought to buckle my seatbelt because if I were the professor, I'd really turn up the heat in that class. Who does she think she is?! I hope she doesn't make a great grade on the next exam.

I don't think I've commented on this guy before, but I'll call him Frat Loser because he's almost always buzzed when he comes to class (This is not the former crush, by the way.), he's always talking about the previous night's party, and he looks dirty, greasy, and scruffy. He came to class this morning bragging about the fact that he was in the library for a whole hour last night. "Dude, I was in the library for a whole hour last night! I didn't open a book or nothin', but I was there! Progress! Then I left and went to watch championship poker."

"Hey, dude! You're going to fail. Go take a shower."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home