Monday, September 13, 2004

Good grief! I'm in one of the computer labs on campus right now surrounded by a bunch of hoes, bitches, and hoochies. (Three of the differences between here and BYU: hoes, bitches, and hoochies.) I don't even know why some people get dressed at all.

When I was in Senegal last year, the study group I was with consisted of all white people except for my girl, Yoyo. A bunch of us wanted to have boubous (what the people over there wear) made for us. Usually the women wear these scarves that they wrap around their head like their head is a present or a cake or something. These scarves are called "foulards". Well, we learned really quickly that white people looked stupid in foulards. Which story brings me to my current observance here in the computer lab. White people shouldn't wear cornrows. Who does this white boy think he is?

I felt like such an idiot this morning. I have a crush in my math class, and after class he started making small talk with me. I didn't know what to do. I started freaking out inside. "Oh my god! He's talking to me! I don't know what to do. Must. study. chemistry." I bolted. I'm a dork, I know. I still have plenty of time to work out my neuroses, I guess.

I learned a new word the other day. "Crunk". This guy and this girl were talking about a frat party, and he asked, "Did it get crunk?" She said, "Not while I was there, but it got crunk later on." I guess it's sort of like "crazy" or "wild".

There was something else that I was going to write about, but I don't remember what it was. Hmm...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home