Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Name of the day: Nikawanni. It's been a while since I've had a name of the day. This one's pretty good.

School is going well for me. Sometimes the algebra is difficult, but I keep getting all of my points on my quizzes. I must be doing something right.

Work sucks because I hate the office manager, Ursula. She talks a lot of smack. Like, last month when I had to go to girls camp for ONE afternoon, and she knew weeks before which afternoon I would be gone, she went up to the front desk in a huff and asked Muffy and Prudence where I was. They both said something like, "Um...she has been telling us for 2 weeks that she would be at camp this afternoon. She wrote it on the book, remember?" And Ursula did her big breath thing that she does when she's annoyed and said, "Well, if she wants ME to pay her for 40 hours, she better work it!"

W. T. F?! If I want HER to pay me? HER?! Her name isn't the one signed at the bottom of my check! Shut up and write what you're told to write, woman! And don't go around griping about it to people whose business it isn't. If I want Muffy and Prudence to know what I'm working and making, I will tell them. My dad and I made arrangements for how I would earn my 40 hours, and if Ursula isn't there burping down may neck for all 40, it doesn't make a difference. It chaps my hide that she tries to control things that aren't hers to control.

Thing 2 that she's done lately: I had last Friday afternoon off. Over a month ago, I went to have my eyes checked so I can get a little LASIK touch-up. After that appointment, I had to make another for 6 weeks later because the doctor has to get the same reading twice in a row in order to perform the touch-up. So Friday afternoon I had that second appointment. Friday afternoon was also a 25-hour blood drive, and I was on the committee to advertise and recruit and stuff like that. I was never given an assignment for the actual blood drive outside of going to pick up a few things from sponsors, which I did before my appointment. I told Ursula that I had an appointment and that my eye would be dilated, so if she had things that she needed me to do before my appointment then that would be great. I would be useless afterward because I stay dilated for 24 hours at least.

So yesterday she griped to Prudence and Muffy again. "Why is she having all of these eye appointments?! She was supposed to be at the blood drive, and she never showed up!" Muffy had my back, though, and told her what was up AGAIN! For her information, I did go to the blood center. I saw that there were 5 million volunteers making sure everything was going smoothly. Groups of people were handing out paperwork, cookies, sodas, door prizes. Restaurants were bringing in food by the truck-load. I couldn't find Ursula A. NY. WHERE, and what in the world was I supposed to do there that wasn't getting done?! I wish I could tell her to kiss my big, fat ass, but that would do a lot more harm than good. I just don't understand why my parents keep her around.

SHUT UP, URSULA! JUST SHUT THE HELL UP! AND IT'S NONE OF YOUR DAMN BUSINESS WHY I'M GOING TO HAVE MY EYES CHECKED! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

And she never asks me these questions to my face. NEVER! I wouldn't even know that she was having a problem with anything if Muffy and Prudence hadn't told me what she'd said.

It gets me real pissed off and it makes me wanna say...
It gets me real pissed off and it makes me wanna say...
It gets me real pissed off and it makes me wanna say FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....!

Ben Folds knows how I feel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home