Friday, July 09, 2004

I'm going to be so dead in the morning, but I can't seem to force myself to go to bed. I saw the original "Stepford Wives" tonight, and tonight I also hate men. That might change later tomorrow when I go out, but as it stands, I can't believe that a man has a set so big that he made that movie with pride! I'm sure it provoked many "Maidenform bonfires", and I'm ready to have one myself. I need to throw some old bras out anyway.

I started my algebra class today. My professor is Turkish, and I'm curious to know more about the phonology of her native language because when she was saying "workbook", she was sounding "verkbook", however, when she was saying "variables", she was saying "wariables". But I don't know enough about the native languages of India to know which letters make what sounds when. I'm excited about the class, though. I need to bend my mind in a different direction than it normally goes. Math isn't my best subject, and it's been 10 years since I've been in a math class. It should be a slight challenge for me, and I'm ready for it. And should I get bored, I can always turn on the linguist in me and study the professors speech.

Today I received a new pre-approved credit card in the mail. My mom and I always try to guess what the rules and stipulations will be for whatever card some bank wants me to get. Today was probably one of the worst offers I've ever received. The APR was good (9.9%), but before I would ever charge anything, I would have a balance of $244 from "one-time" activation and membership fees, the annual fee, and some other retarded fee. There is a high price to pay to establish credit these days. It's ridiculous. I wonder how many people accept these "pre-approved" things without even reading what they're agreeing to. When these companies receive completed applications, do they laugh, pat each other on the backs, slap high-fives? What would you do if you had successfully and legally conned some poor fool out of $244?

I wanted to write this last week, but I've been busy. I need to crack on a stupid, white girl who was in my Biology Lab. She was giving her presentation, and the computer froze up on her. I laughed out loud when she said, "It's froze!" I weep for grammar lost. But then, I did tell my professor that under the UV light, the E. Coli mingled with PGLO glew.

blow - blew
grow - grew
drow - drew
flow - flew
glow - glew

See! It's meant to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home