Tuesday, June 01, 2004

I had a great afternoon. I went to a meeting with the regional manager for Aspect Foundation, a company that recruits international exchange students and places them with families here in the U.S. I wasn't sure if I would be working alone or with other people in this area, and I was fearful of who those other people would be. I was really excited and impressed with the guy who will be sharing this area with me. He has his own marketing company and he's very outgoing. He also knows a lot of the international students at the university. He will be introducing me to them Thursday night. Yay for more friends in this town!

So we are getting ads and articles together to publish about this company to drum up business. He has great ideas for advertisements, and I know A LOT of important people who would help us place these ads and publish the articles. I think we are going to make a great team, and for the record, he has a daughter and a girlfriend.

I'm realizing that I'm about to be a very busy person what with taking classes, working full-time with that dentist, youth-grouping, getting families to take exchange students, quilting, and doing who knows what else. I think I'm about to be busier than I've EVER been. WOW!

I have a favorite word of the week: quietude - n. repose, tranquility, placidity.
quietude
quietude
quietude
quietude
quietude
Despite the roaring of the thunder, I found myself in a perfect state of quietude sitting alone in the dark room, watching the storm, getting lost in my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home