Saturday, May 29, 2004

Name of the day: Dymond LeeAnndra Denise. It's a girl, although I think Dymond is more masculine than innovative in spelling. But all names can't be "normal". I've got to have something to make fun of.

I found some rawhide doggie treats in the house. One kind didn't smell like anything, but my dog acted like she was going to chew on it for a while. Then she just quit and wouldn't have anything to do with it. So I gave her this other kind that smells like crap. She's eating it.

Writing in my blog, I often start sentences with "I" because this is, afterall, all about me. I sometimes feel...um...self-absorbed when writing here. And I am reminded of early markings of my self-absorbtion. Do you remember being in grade-school spelling classes and having to write each spelling word 5 times and making up a sentence with the proper usage of each word for homework? Well, one time in third grade, I decided to be a smart ass and write a sentence that began with the word "I" for each spelling word. So I had sentences like "I like to look at myself in the new mirror mommy purchased for me." Purchased being the past form of purchase, one of the words for the week. Another sentence I recall was "I didn't want to watch 'Star Trek', so after a fit of fury, daddy changed the channel to 'T.J. Hooker'." My teacher made me do them ALL OVER AGAIN citing that using "I" to start every sentence exhibited laziness and a lack of creativity. I think I worked harder on my sentences than every other kid who opened up Webster's and copied the example sentences from it. Lack of creativity...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home