Monday, April 19, 2004

Name of the day: Experience Goodspeed. Isn't this the coolest name ever?! I want it. I'm going to go legally change my name tomorrow. One of my friends, who is tracking her genealogy, has found an ancestor (I forget the relation) with this name. Devon, it is up to you to put that info in the comments section. I'd be interested to know who she is, where she's from, and crap like that.

After work tonight I went to the bookstore to buy The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. I've just finished reading it, and I haven't had time to put my thoughts about it together yet. But it is an amazing book. I'm very excited to have our bookclub meeting about it on Thursday.

Ursula Braunstaen, our office manager and one of "the sisters", is also the chairman of a charity auction that is about to take place here. Friday, she had me read over the list of items up for bid and their description. My absolute favorite said this:

"Two and a Half Men. Original TV script autographed by Charlie Sheen and John Cryer. Episode entitled 'An old flame with a new wick'. Need we say more?"

"Umm...yeah! Like, does anyone watch this show anymore? Do normal people even care who John Cryer is? I mean 80s fans do, but do normal people? Why couldn't you get one of Charlie's old crack vials? That would get more than this garbage!"

I have like 5 crushes on people because of their blogs. It's a good thing words don't do it for me. I would be such a hussy.