Thursday, April 08, 2004

Name of the day: Elisca. I don't know...it sounds like medicine to me.

I need to change one thing I wrote in that questionnaire yesterday.

18: If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?

I would change the expected and accepted image of people (mostly women). A lot of folks are all hyped up about the new reality show, "The Swan," the most recent addition to the line-up of reality personal make-over shows. I need to say that these shows make me absolutely sick to my stomach, and we are to blame for that. We have defined what the perfect specimen is, and most of us will accept nothing but that perfect person - in jobs, in love, in friends.

I believe that everyone has the potential of being beautiful if they would only take care of themselves. If people took more pride in their grooming, their attitude, their presence, and their style, everyone would look glorious. I have no doubt about that.

If people are overweight and unhappy about it, they should learn to eat correctly and execise. They should find a support group and meet with it regularly to exercise, eat together and support each other if they have to.

I'm strongly against anyone going under the knife to alter their image. We were made in God's image. Is he not perfect? Did he not make us with care and love? I know that the answers are yes and yes. Are we supposed to be fat? No. Anyone who is fat, myself included, has done that on their own. Are we supposed to be old? Yes, one day we are supposed to look like we're 40, 50, 60 and 70. And some people weren't made to be D-cups.

I don't believe that anyone who opts to have surgery to "better" their image will ever be satisfied with who they are becoming because it wasn't done with any personal effort. I'm bothered that many people think otherwise. It lessens my faith in others' personal resolve. Does that even exist anymore?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home