Sunday, April 25, 2004

I was talking to my friend, Lupita, on the phone tonight. She is one of my most favorite people ever, and she knows how to calm my troubled soul, even if she doesn't know that that's what she's doing. We had this conversation that just cracked me up because she is so...guileless sometimes.

Lupita: I have this burning question that has been going through my mind that I've been meaning to ask you because of this thing you do.
Me: (thinking, "Has she been watching me secretly?") Oh?
Lupita: Yes. What does "blog" mean?
Me: (chuckle) Oh...it is short for weblog...like captain's log blah blah blah. It's where I write what's going on in my life so my friends will always know.
Lupita: Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhh!

I won't scribe the rest of the conversation because I don't remember it word for word, but she did say that "blog" makes her think of "snog", only "blogging" is worse than "snogging". So while I've been participating in group blogging, she's been worrying about my soul, reading secretly. Voyeuse! It was a fun conversation, and her mind has been put at ease.

I took a nap this afternoon and later went for a long drive despite high gas prices. That's why I have a job. I feel so much better than I did earlier today, and I feel like I can start the week now...I don't like it, but I can and will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home