Monday, March 29, 2004

Name of the day: Cymantha Lee. She is the daughter of the lady who substituted today for someone at work. I wouldn't have known this jacked up spelling had I not looked at the back of her car. She has her daughter's name, softball team logo, and jersey number plastered across her back windshield.

I've been suffering from squeaky-bra lately. I have this one underwire bra that squeaks. Is the fabric too tight around the wire? What is the deal? How do I remedy it? It's kind of embarrassing. I wore this bra to church yesterday, and during Sunday School, I was sitting between two guys. I had to stop all movement because I was creeking, and one of the guys asked what the noise was. I played dumb while trying to stifle a chuckle and my desire to turn him red by telling him, "I have on a musical bra. If you get closer, I can play your favorite hymn."

I was reminded of one of my most embarrassing moments today while at Curves. A lady uttered the phrase, "I'll be here with bells on." When I was a missionary, I was on the phone with a leader, who was telling me about a meeting we were having the next morning. He told me to be there with bells on. Before that moment, I had never heard that saying, so I asked, "Why do we have to wear bells?" He just said, "You'll see." So I asked what kind of bells he wanted. He said, "You can wear any kind you want...even invisible bells." I didn't catch on. So when I got off the phone, I told my companion that we had to have bells for the meeting. I cut bells out of construction paper and hung them from my earrings. When we got to the meeting the next morning, our leader almost peed his paints. He laughed so hard, and I did not know why. He had to explain, and I felt like a dumdum. The last 13 months of my mission, I had to live with that story. It was terrible. Anyway, when the lady at Curves said that today, I started snickering. Ahh...good times... Now that I think about it, I wish I had taken a picture of my bells.