Saturday, March 20, 2004

Name of the day: any name like Chastity, Temperance, Faith, Hope, Charity, etc. I mean, I see where the parents are going , and it's a good idea, but it's like they're begging to have a rebellious child. I don't know one chaste Chastity. One of my best friends from high school, who's middle name is Temperance, was drunk everyday before school even started. Faith, Hope and Charity are always the high school drop-outs, who go all gothic and claim to be agnostics. But they don't even know what the hell that means because they dropped out of high school. It's just the gothic thing to say.

I went to the grocery store last night, and at the entrance was a display of spaghetti sauce, which thing is generally associtated with Italy. What grabbed my attention, though, was the replica of the Eiffel Tower standing in the midst of the bottles. As you know, the Eiffel Tower was recently dismantled and is now on it's first world tour, soon to be in a city near you. It is on display for the next few months in Italy, making the tower the premier marketing tool in selling all things Italian.

I am a big fan of Europe, but I don't expect everyone to share this love...just the people I call intelligent and my friends. I know that many Americans aren't able to distinguish France from Italy on a map. Heck, 11% of 18-24 year-old Americans can't even locate their own country. (WTF?) However, I do expect at least one person in the grocery store to know that the Eiffel Tower is in France, while spaghetti sauce comes from Italy. You know what I'm sayin'?

I kinda want to go to IHOP and try the stuffed French toast.

If you enjoy fun flash animation, check out this. WARNING: There are some "f-bombs" in this. I'm just sayin'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home