Sunday, November 03, 2002

Just a thought

This morning, Sunday, I was thinking about something, and my thoughts stayed with me throughout the entire day, so I thought I would share them with you. This is your proof that I can be serious sometimes, so save this or copy it or something because this doesn’t happen very often.

A lot of you know that my best friend died while I was a missionary. It was a very hard time for me, but it was even more difficult when I returned from my mission and she really wasn’t there. I rarely dwell on the sorrow of the whole situation, but this morning, I was dreaming about her. We talked and we hugged and it felt good and real. I was mad when my alarm clock ended our conversation. I had so much to tell her about.

So I was sad this morning because I really missed her badly for the first time in a long while. I was getting ready for the day and I was also getting upset and mad. I thought for a brief second, “I wish I could just forget about her.” Then I thought about how absurd that thought was because knowing her has contributed to who I am today.

My thought is this: forgetting anything is forgetting why we are who we are. When we forget experiences of our life, we forget where we come from, we forget where we are going, we forget goals, we forget dreams, we forget a lot of things, and that is sad. We need to strive to remember because remembering is our motivation to live life the way we have planned it according to every experience we have had.

So I invite you all to take a few minutes today or sometime this week to think about who you are and remember the experiences that have molded you. It can be very refreshing and fulfilling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home