Thursday, September 26, 2002

Bonjer, y’all! So because I’m dumb, I won’t have a phone for at least another week. Yep! I messed up my new phone because I’m impatient and I wanted to play with it before making sure I knew my security codes. I’m PIST. So I have to wait at least a week for the service provider to send me a new card (because the cell phones here are different – ILS SONT ARCHINULS! ILS ME SOULENT!!). Then I will have to get a new number, so no one can call me for at least a week when I will send the new number. 

So my friend, Wendy, proposed a solution to my problem of delicately letting people with bad breath know they have bad breath. I should wear a gas mask. What a great idea! So I went to the supermarket, you see, the supermarket here is akin to the Super Wal-Mart where you can by anything including your great, second uncle thrice removed. So I went there and got one…a gas mask, not a great, second uncle thrice removed…I already have three of those. No, I jest. I really didn’t get a gas mask, but it is a great idea…birthday present idea, maybe.

I did something that you should never do, so consider this your warning. If you do the same thing after this, you are dumb, or you just wanted to have a little laugh to your own self. I went and bought some yogurt (in glass jars), some bananas and some water to keep in my room. I put everything on my windowsill because it’s cold here and I don’t have a refrigerator in my room. I had the windows open in my room because I like to be cold. I went to lunch with the English teachers and had a meeting with them afterwards. So after that, I went back to my room. I want y’all to know that it’s a windy day. I got back to my room, and there was banana purée on my windowsill along with a busted yogurt. So if you want a little dessert already made for you without electricity, by all means, put your yogurt and your bananas in the windowsill with all of the windows open on a windy day so that they slam repeatedly on your foodstuffs.

I will start classes this Tuesday. I’m excited to start because Pontcharra can be not exciting. In fact I’m back in Grenoble. I did get an email from another assistant that is in Grenoble and we are going to go out this weekend. That will be good. She is also having a party for the assistants in the Grenoble district next weekend. I’m excited to meet some of the other people that will be here. I think that I’m going to look for an apartment here as well because there is more life. It’s spooky being in a town where EVERYTHING is dark and closed at 9PM. It’s weird and not normal, which means the same thing as weird.

I can see snow on top of the mountains. Some of you know how excited I get when I see snow! So that means, mom, send me my box, including my ski parka, my wool coat and my boots! I’ma start doin’ my snow dance.

8 Comments:

At 06:46, Blogger Toni said...

Hi Carrie, your this post blog came up when I was looking for info on going bald for a family member. He was impressed with your blog and has started his own site at going bald, thanks for the inspiration that you have provided.

 
At 03:16, Blogger Mandy said...

Greetings Carrie from sunny England……..lol. Surfing around I spotted your this post blog, I guessed there would be lot’s to interest me as I’m very interested in going bald, and of cause I’m not disappointed – thanks for that.I’m just putting together my own site going bald so like a lot of people am quite busy at the moment. See you again!

 
At 11:56, Blogger Toni said...

Hi Carrie, you have an interesting blog here. I’ve been researching for my baldness and noticed your this post blog so stopped by looking for some new inspiration on baldness. Excellent read, many thanks.

 
At 05:17, Blogger Mandy said...

Greetings Carrie from sunny England……..lol. Surfing around I spotted your this post blog, I guessed there would be lot’s to interest me as I’m very interested in hair thinning, and of cause I’m not disappointed – thanks for that.I’m just putting together my own site hair thinning so like a lot of people am quite busy at the moment. See you again!

 
At 03:10, Blogger Toni said...

Hi Carrie, you have an interesting blog here. I’ve been researching for my going bald and noticed your this post blog so stopped by looking for some new inspiration on going bald. Excellent read, many thanks.

 
At 03:41, Blogger Mandy said...

Hi Carrie, you have an interesting blog here. I’ve been researching for my going bald and noticed your this post blog so stopped by looking for some new inspiration on going bald. Excellent read, many thanks.

 
At 03:54, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post!

I did a search for national gas prices and found this site. I have put together an ebook I have titled, "Huge Gas Pump Savings."

Dave
http://www.huge-gas-pump-savings.com/

 
At 04:39, Blogger Mandy said...

Hi there Carrie. I’m impressed with your this post blog. I happened across you while researching baldness for a new web site I’m putting together at baldness - you make some good points so I carried on reading right through, thanks for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home